Friday, February 24, 2012

my new favorite go-to dinner

I love cooking something that has been prepped in advance.  It makes dinner seem so much easier.  I am going to share a recipe with you that I have made no less than 6 times in the last month....maybe 8 times...I'm a fan.  The really awesome part of this meal, for those of you who are time management challenged; it takes the same amount of time to cook both components.  So you don't have to think about it too much, just when to start the cooking process so dinner's ready when your family is hungry.


May I present Buttermilk Roast Chicken courtesy of Smitten Kitchen.  Go to this website and check out this recipe.  If you're anything like me and like a quick and easy dinner that your whole family will eat...then this is it!

I like this recipe because the night before I begin the marinade, and by cooking time next day or a couple days later, it's just sitting there waiting for me to just put it on a cookie sheet and pop it in the oven.  Very little work.  Yay!

I am a nancy though and like to cook my chicken for a little longer than her.  I use a whole chicken that has been broken down, and can I just say my chickens have the biggest bosoms EVER!  So I give it a few more minutes than she recommends.  I also do one more step, once I have my meat on the roasting pan, I pull back the skin from each piece and give it a little extra dousing of salt and pepper, then replace the skin so that the chicken is extra tasty good.

If you ask Mr. Because I can, the best part of this dinner is the chicken skin.  It gets extra crispy and the almost burned bits, according to him, because I don't eat chicken skin, blech, is to die for.

My Youngest who is notoriously picky will eat an entire leg of this, which is a miracle, truly.


My go to side dish for this meal is Tyler Florence's slow cooked green beans with bacon and onions  Yum is all I can say.  I have also made this dish several times this month.  Nothing smells better than this meal.  My tip on this dish is to cut the bacon into extremely large pieces.  I probably cut in strip of bacon into 3 pieces...maybe 4 but I doubt it.  I am not a fan of eating soggy bacon, and that's what you get here.  The flavor has gone into the beans and has left the bacon flaccid and nasty.  So if it's in large pieces, you can fish it out easier.

Make this meal, you won't regret it.

Thanks for reading!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...