Monday, June 10, 2013

Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits, from scratch

Get ready for the good stuff.  Because, all I am saying is that cheddar cheese, jalapenos and fluffy homemade biscuits can't be wrong.

cheddar jalapeno biscuit recipe 
I am re-posting this recipe for cheddar jalapeno biscuits that I originally posted about on a cold day when I made chili and these as a dipper. They are a must, so good.  The fun thing about them, is they use sour cream instead of the normal amount of butter!!!  I adapted them from Smitten Kitchen's recipe and they are simple, use wholesome ingredients and whip up quickly. 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (I use Kosher)
2 Tbl. cold butter, cut into small cubes
A nice sized pile of shredded cheddar....I would guess a little over 1 cup....but this isn't vital to measure, just shred some and if it looks like enough, toss it in.
Several pickled jalapenos, chopped into small pieces...again, just go with the amount you think looks tasty.  I probably used 8 pepper slices.
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 425°F.

Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Add the butter.  I just used my fingers and mushed the butter until it was well-combined throughout the flour mixture. Add the cheddar, stir so all the cheese is covered by the flour mix.  Add the jalapenos and stir them as well.  Add the sour cream and mix until it forms a wet  dough (my sour cream must have been seriously cold, because it had a hard time incorporating, I just put down the spoon and used my hand to combine and it worked great.  Try not to over work it).

Dump the dough onto a floured counter top and using your hands, just pat it down so it's about 1 1/2 inches thick.  Using a cup that looks like the size you want, cut out as many biscuits as you can get...plus, use the scraps...even if they're oddly shaped they will bake up just as tasty.

Bake for about 15 minutes on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, until the tops are golden brown and delicious looking.

Devour.

Thanks for reading!



Heather
 

1 comment:

  1. Heather, these are to die for!! Pinning for sure. It might be a bit warm out for them now, but come September, oh yeah!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...